Sunday 20 April 2014

"I bit the bullet and sold all my Patsy clothes ... I feel fine ... Except for a wonderful pair of camouflage ankle boots with stiletto heels that Patsy wore to Abbey Road when she and Eddy inadvertently wiped the tape recording of the only unreleased Beatles song in existence. I loved those boots ..." So said Joanna Lumley in yesterday's Times Magazine  (p19).  I loved "Ab Fab" but I don't remember this episode.

Johnnie Walker ("Sounds of the 70s" R2) had a Beatles tale too.  He recalled the time when Paul and Linda went to the USA to visit John Lennon.   One evening they sat in his apartment watching TV: "Saturday Night Live".  The host sent out a plea to them - to come on his show.  They considered getting in a cab and going to the studio ... but they were tired.  It was the last time the two Beatles saw each other before Lennon's death. I caught this little gem whilst painting a window surround - very pleased with self that I didn't drop my brush or fall of the ladder in my dash to get a pen & paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment